You know your career's on fire when you've got a platinum album (The Evolution of Robin Thicke) and you're interviewing with Oprah, but what else does R&B singer/producer Robin Thicke have up his sleeves?

You probably saw Robin's performance on American Idol, and if you didn't, you better YouTube it because it was ah-mazing. And apparently Oprah couldn't get enough of Robin the first time because he's coming back for another episode. "We're doing a Robin Thicke band session on Oprah and I'm supposed to bring on a couple of friends," Robin says. So not only does Robin produce music, but he's producing this episode of Oprah.

Making music is a never-ending process for Robin. Coming up, he's working on producing music for his wife Paula Patton's new movie This Wednesday. Robin says he'd do anything for his wife: "It's my lady's movie -- she wears the pants around here -- she wants me to makes some music, I'll make some music."

Collaboration-wise, Robin's also working on Usher's new album. "We've got a couple good ideas," he says. "It's just good music; we try not to think about those things, we just try to make good records." Also, get ready to hear a Robin Thicke-50 Cent collabo coming up on 50's new album.


But you won't see Robin collaborating with many other artists. "I don't really want to produce for other people; I've got so much music in me, I just really want to put it all into my own music," Robin says. "But I do it for people like Ush because he's a good friend of mine and he's so fun to work with because he's so talented."


Mostly, Robin's focused on working on his next record, but he's pretty tight-lipped about the sound and feel of his new music. "I can't say because people be bittin' my shit," he says. "I'm very excited about it. I'm just enjoying making music and pouring my heart out."


So, catch Robin on tour in the States for the rest of the May -- he'll be heading overseas in June. But have no fear, this summer he'll be back and on tour with Beyoncé. Now, that's gonna be a hot tour!

Originally published @ http://www.collegeclub.com/article/view/3655

0 comments: