Aug 13, 2007

Interview: Yung Joc

The Screamfest 2007 Tour (featuring T.I., Ciara, T-Pain, Lloyd, and Yung Joc) is already in full swing and coming to a city near you! But between shows and long bus rides, Yung Joc made some time to chat with us about touring and his new album (dropping August 28). Wanna know who Yung Joc is crushing on? Keep reading...

How's the Screamfest Tour going with T.I. and Ciara
It's going pretty good. Man, it's great -- it's going really well. The fans are really receptive and everybody's happy to be a part of this tour. And a lot of money's being made. The Scream Tour is about people wanting to scream because they're happy.

Any funny stories from the road?
Not right now. We just started the tour, so later on in the tour I'm sure we'll have some funny things to talk about. We've been to Houston, New Orleans and Dallas so far.

Your sophomore album's coming out this month, how is this album different from your first?
I put a lot more effort into the production of this album. The production is up, for example, I'm working with Dre, Pharrell, Quik -- I got some big producers on this album. Even the features on this album working with Pharrell and Diddy.

How was it working with Pharrell?
Me and Pharrell are real cool. I was real cool working with Pharrell; he's a real open-minded producer. I like his work ethic.

What exactly is "Hustlenomics"?
"Hustle" means "go get it." "Economics" means, you know, "supply and demand." So "Hustlenomics" is understanding all the hustling going on and understanding supply and demand.

So how are you supporting supply and demand?
Well, for me, I'm an entertainer. I'm a rapper. So people demanding me; I try to supple them with that. But I gotta hustle in order to do that.

What's your favorite song on the album?
Probably "Play Your Cards." It's about being on top of your game and never letting anyone get you down no matter what.

Who are you dying to collaborate with? What's your favorite song of theirs?
I'd love to do a record with Luda. And I really wanna do a record with Kanye and Mary J. Blige. My favorite song by Luda is "Pimping all over the World." For Mary, it's "I'm Going Down," and Kanye, probably, "Through The Wire."

What part of your job do you enjoy the most?
I love it. Performing my music.

What part do you enjoy the least?
Being exhausted and away from my family.

Who's your celebrity crush?
Elise Neil. I just like her a lot.

What else can we expect to see from you in the future?
There's so much I'm trying to do right now. My own cologne called Distraction, a clothing line called Claudio St. James, so I'm working on different things right now. Doing a comedy with Dallas Austin.


Originally published @ http://www.alloy.com/5/35/4536/1/

0 comments: